Big relief after a hot summer with awesome n cool moonsoon hitting. Everything comes with good & some effects so the rains also bring humid weather, flooded roads, mosquitoes, diseases and lots more.
Don’t worry luckily, with little precautions, you can enjoy along with your baby the monsoon and stay safe.
Child safety and other tips
- Pre monsoon check # Make sure your home is clean and all faulty wires & drainage are fixed.
- Keep your baby indoors during the first rain of the season. This rain can be acidic and could cause skin problems. Due to weather changes kids often get sick.
- Keep first aid box ready and make sure your pediatric number saved in emergency list.
- Sweating a lot in humid weather is common but this could lead to fungal infections, skin rashes or allergies. Keep baby clean by giving him baths or sponge baths at least once a day. When you bathe your baby, check his neck, underarms, genitalia and other creases in his body.
- Try to keep your baby dry by dressing him appropriately
- Don’t forget to wash your hands after you change his nappies and after he eats, if he is old enough to have solid food. Cut your baby’s nails.
- Moonsoon is unpredictable. It may start very hot & humid n suddenly cold as it rains. Dress up your little one accordingly.
- Washed clothes take longer to dry in humid weather, and wearing damp clothes or socks can lead to fungal infections.
- Use clean dishes to serve your kiddo.
- Little precautions & you will see your baby enjoying his moonsoon n stays healthy!!